Friday, October 31, 2008

Remembering Megan

This week marks two years since my older sister, Megan passed away. It has been a hard week for my family and I. I have been doing a lot of thinking, and remembering. I was looking through some old stuff, and I found a poem that Megan had written to me when I was about 9. Here's what she wrote:


















As I read that, it brought tears to my eyes, as I can echo, to her, the very words that she wrote to me, years ago.
So, I will do just that:
Megan, Megan

I am your best and biggest fan!

The word is dull and mad without you.
You are great and have a heart that is true.

You are an example of the Lord.
You wear the shield, armor and sword.

Now, I bid you goodnight, and have a good rest.
I love you, my sister, you are the best!
I love you, my sister. You are the best.




A fun Halloween memory. Picking pumpkins at the Vanlentine's house in Colorado.






Looking forward to the upcoming holiday season, and remembering ones in past.





7 comments:

Just Josie said...

That made me cry... There is not a lot I can say that will ever make the pain go away but you are doing a great thing by remembering the fun times.... I'm sure she is watching over your cute family.

Katie and Casey said...

It's hard to believe it's been two years already. I've never lost a family member and hope I don't have to for a long while. As mentioned above, I'm sure she is watching over your family from the heavens!

Anonymous said...

wow, what a priceless thing to have from megan. she was your biggest fan then and still is now.

Dana and Michael said...

I miss Megan too!!! I love looking at your post!!! Just know that I love you!! My mom and I were looking at the pictures on Halloween and it just seems like time goes by so fast you all are so young!!

Topher and Carma said...

I hope you are doing alright. I think it is good to just remember all the fun times and think about her often. You're amazing Ari, I miss ya!

Megan said...

What an awesome poem!!! Megan truely was and still is an amazing person. I wish that I could do something for you to take away the pain. We love you Ari, and are praying for you and your family.

Goolds said...

sorry, I'm a little late reading this post, but I just wanted to write that I have been thinking about how close you are as sisters, and hope that you are doing alright. I know that you both still love each other a ton. She loves you too.